The project will allow students the opportunity to give their voice to an issue that they deem is needing to be known. Throughout this process the students will be learning about the different levels of government for the US, Mexico and Canada and how culture and diversity affect how these government organizations are viewed and participated in.
Challenging Question or Problem
How can you have your voice be heard?
- government structures of US, Canada and Mexico
- levels of government
- local - City Government - using City Council and Mayor's pages
- state/federal - iCivics - using games to learn about the different responsibilities of government branches
- school levels of government
- building - East Middle School
- district - Rapid City Area Schools - Board of Education
- School Board Governance and Operations - click on the Policy (Example - BA or BBAA)
- state - South Dakota Department of Education
- student activism
Jason Salamun - Rapid City City Council President
Matt Stephens - Rapid City Area Schools Board of Education President
The product will be identified by the students as they take an active role in their learning process.
Police Brutality - Ava Young